"I'm talking about not covering every square inch with houses and strip malls until you can't remember what happens in a meadow at dusk."
"What happens in a meadow at dusk??"
"Nothing."
"Everything."
"Nothing."
"Everything! It's beautiful."

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hittin’ the Road – Moving To Appalachia


View Larger Map

It’s official, Dan and I have fit our lives into a Toyota Camry and we are moving East!

[I would have included a photo of Dan and I in front of the packed car, but I accidentally packed my adapter already!]

We leave tomorrow (Sunday) morning and will post videos and photos at this blogspace all along the way.

"When and where will this roadtrip end?” you ask.

Well… that’s an interesting question dear reader.

The truth is: We don’t know!

This road trip is about seeking out our future. And when we find it, there we will be.

It’d be great to find jobs working on a farm, or in sustainable-living-related work… but we will just have to wait and see what options present themselves. All I can say is we’re hopeful that we’ll have a home and some form of employment by February.

So, friends, cast a wish into the wind for us, and keep checking back at this website to hear our latest story -- we’re off!